Click on image above to download 2022 Call for Artists.
RULES FOR ENTRY
- Open to all artists of all skill levels.
- Artists must be at least 18 years of age.
- Artists will self-declare their level of experience.
- Professional - artist who sells artwork as source of income and competes regularly and previously.
- Novice - artist who has not participated in a plein air competition and who does not sell work as source of income.
- NA - 2022 event closed
- All artworks to be considered in the competition must be completed on site during the dates of the event, May 17 - May 21, 2022. Surfaces will be stamped at registration.
- The Alpharetta Arts Center will serve as a hub for artists and the exhibition space located at 238 Canton Street, Alpharetta, GA 30009,
- Over $3,000 in cash awards will be given in 3 categories: Professional, Novice, and Quick Draw/Paint.
- Event culminates in an Awards Ceremony, reception and exhibition of all entries on Saturday, May 21 from 5 – 7 PM.
- All works to be submitted for the competitions in alignment with the timelines specified.
- Entries must be delivered gallery ready (framed and wired for hanging) t and labeled with appropriate forms to the Alpharetta Arts Center no later than 4PM on Friday, May 20.
- The exhibition will remain on display through June 5.
- All artwork must be retrieved by artist or new owner by June 6 at 5 PM.
- Artists may indicate that a piece is not for sale (NFS). Artists will be allowed to exhibit their work as available for sale.
- Buyers may begin to retrieve the purchased works starting Monday, May 23 at the Alpharetta Arts Center during regular business hours through June 6 at 5 PM.
- All sales transactions will be conducted by Arts Alpharetta. Arts Alpharetta will collect and remit sales tax in accordance with Georgia tax laws. Artists will be given a tax form to complete and retain for their records regarding sales tax. Arts Alpharetta will retain a 30% commission on all sales. Payments to artists will be made at the close of the exhibition.
- Proceeds from the event will fund two Arts Alpharetta initiatives: Takeout Art: which supplies free art kits for children in need in our community and Public Art, assisting in assists in curating, installation, leasing, and maintenance of public art works in and around the City, showcasing one of the most extensive and diverse public art programs serving the region as well as a commitment to contributing to the evolving and accessible public art experience in Alpharetta.
INSURANCE: The Alpharetta Arts Center, as a division of the Alpharetta Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Services, shall insure the work per artist's specifications noted by terms as follows:
The property insurance carrier will provide a $500,000 blanket limit with a $25,000 maximum any single unscheduled item subject to the $5,000 deductible. The City of Alpharetta would pay deductible. Artworks with a value greater than $25,000 require a schedule. The artist must notify the Arts Center at application deadline of the value of each work. The Arts Center shall be responsible for the safekeeping of all consigned works.
Each entry should have a value listed on the entry form at the time of delivery. All entries must have a declared value for insurance purposes. Entries may or may not have a SALE price. Artists may indicate that a piece is not for sale (NFS).
LIMITED WAIVER AND RELEASE:
In consideration of the City of Alpharetta (the City) and Arts Alpharetta providing permission to place and show my artwork (the Work) in the City Arts Center,
Artists hereby assume all responsibility for, and risks and hazards of, placing the Work in the Arts Center. In addition, artists do hereby release the City of Alpharetta and Arts Alpharetta, including all of their respective officials, officers, employees, sponsors, organizers, supervisors, volunteers, participants and all other agents, of any and all claims, demands, rights, causes of action of whatever kind and nature arising by reason of, all known and unknown, foreseen and unforeseen, bodily and personal injuries, damage to property, including without limitation the Work, and the consequences thereof, resulting from placing the Work in the Arts Center. While artists understand that the City of Alpharetta and Arts Alpharetta may carry certain insurance as they deem appropriate to insure their respective interests, artists acknowledge that he or she should not rely on such insurance, and should provide such insurance or other security he or she deems appropriate to protect his or her interests.
Reproductions of artworks created or displayed in the Alpharetta Arts Center may be used by the City of Alpharetta Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Services Department for future marketing purposes only, without compensation to artist. Artist's credit will be included in reproductions of artworks.
In alignment with COVID protocols defined by our state and city, safety measures are in place to protect all who visit the gallery at the Alpharetta Arts Center, guests may wear a mask upon entry, but are not required to do so. Deadlines are subject to change should state and city mandates or guidelines require a temporary closure or more limited access. We appreciate your patience as we continue to navigate the pandemic.